Flow-Through FundsEnerVest 2011 Flow-Through

Advantages of Flow-Through Limited Partnerships

Potential for Capital Appreciation
  • Such partnerships will primarily invest in growth-oriented oil and natural gas companies
Reduction of Current Taxable Income
  • In the case of CEE investments, the amount is invested generally 100% tax deductible against any source of income in the year the investment is made.
  • In the case of CDE investments, 30% of the investment is deductible against income in the year the investment is made and the remaining 70% is deductible on a declining balance basis in future years.
Take Advantage of Capital Loss Carry-Forwards
  • Capital loss carry-forwards may be used to offset capital gains realized on disposal of the units.
Diversification
  • An investment in units of such partnerships will offer exposure to the energy industry through a diversified portfolio of flow-through shares of public and private issuers on a tax-advantaged basis.
Risk Management
  • An investor can manage his or her own risk exposure through the allocation of his or her investment between CDE and CEE units.

Canoe
EIT Income
Fund

Explore Fund
    *Total distributions since inception.
    Market data provided by GlobeFund.
    Follow us on Twitter
    © 2014 Canoe Financial For Canoe EIT Income Fund (EIT.UN), ‘current cash yield’ means the annual cash distribution for the fund (currently $1.20 per unit) divided by its market price. Annual cash distributions may be made up in whole or in part by interest, dividends or return of capital. You should not draw any conclusions about the fund’s investment performance from the amount or percentage of this distribution. Approximately seventy percent of total distributions are reinvested in the fund. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with investment funds. Please read the fund’s prospectus or the information filed about the fund on www.sedar.com before investing. Investment funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. Our communications, websites and tweets are not to be construed as a public offering to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy securities. Information is for review purposes only, and investors should consult their registered Investment Advisor for complete details and risk factors on specific strategies and various investment products, prior to making any investment decision.